Learning Thai Online
For those who need a quick introduction to "survival Thai" here a few sites to get you going
- Forums for Learning Thai - Great place to ask questions, or discuss about learning Thai
- SEAsite's section on the Thai Language
- Into Asia has some good stuff to get your started as a Beginner, as well as some basic Thai fonts to download
Dictionaries and Online Translation
Online Thai Dictionaries is a list that I put together with a short review and a rating for each of them.
Thai is hard to Translate via machine translating, but there are 2 sites that do it to some extent
For those wanting to practice their listening skills, then Podcasts are a convenient way to do that, as you can download them to you iPod and then listen to them (sometimes watch) wherever you go.
- Seasite's Podcasts - Audio and Video
- http://www.ethaimusic.com/ - Thai Music, Thai Lyrics, and English translations of the Lyrics make this site both interesting and a great learning tool
- Language Exchange for Thai Learners
Thai for Non-English Speakers
There are also a few sites that teach Thai through the medium of languages other than English.
- Trav Lang will give you Thai equivalent prhases for almost any language!
- Thai Lessons for French Speakers
Links, Links, and more Links
Above I've just listed a few links that are of good quality and that I think will help you. There are however plenty more links available, some good, some bad, some current, some no longer online. If you want to spend some more time searching around then here are some sites with links and resources related to Thai Language and Culture.